You’re all fired up to go to the gym and get some workouts. You take out your Sony wireless exercise headphones and get ready to start your epic workout music, only to be disappointed when the headphones won’t connect to your smartphone.
This may have happened to you, but it could have been your computer, TV, or another gadget instead of your phone.
The ease and mobility of sony wireless headphones over wired headphones are one of their greatest benefits. One of its most major drawbacks, on the other hand, is that it requires several connections to different audio sources.
We’ve got you covered, so don’t worry. This article is a comprehensive tutorial that will show you how to connect your Sony Bluetooth headphones to various devices in easy, step-by-step directions.
We’ll go through the Sony Bluetooth Series in depth so you can figure out how to connect the Sony Bluetooth headphones device to a Windows or Mac computer. Follow the three steps outlined in the article below for additional information.
Step 1: Enable pairing mode on the device you wish to connect to your computer.
You make the device you wish to connect to your laptop or desktop computer discoverable by entering pairing mode.
Depending on the device you wish to connect, the procedures to enter pairing mode may differ (headphones, speakers, smartphone, etc.).
When you use the WH-1000XM4 wireless Bluetooth headset for the first time, it enters into pairing mode right away.
However, you must press and hold the pairing mode button for 7 seconds the second time you pair it.
Step 2: Enable Bluetooth on your laptop or phone
Windows 10 & 8:
- Go to [Settings] after clicking the [Start] button.
- Then you can Select [Devices] from the drop-down menu.
- Make sure Bluetooth is turned on in the [Bluetooth & other devices]/[Bluetooth] tab.
- Under Related Settings, choose [More Bluetooth options] / [Advanced Bluetooth settings] if Bluetooth is not set to [ON].
- A popup with Bluetooth settings will appear. The [Allow Bluetooth devices to discover this PC] option is found in the [Discovery] section of the first tab [Options].
- Check the box next to [Allow Bluetooth devices to discover this PC] and then hit the [Apply] button at the bottom.
- Navigate to the [Control Panel].
- Type [Bluetooth] into the search box (Ctrl + F).
- Go to [Change Bluetooth settings] and check that the following options are checked:
- Make it possible for Bluetooth devices to locate this PC.
- Bluetooth connections to this PC should be enabled.
- Send me a notification when a new Bluetooth device tries to connect.
- Next you can choose [Apply] from the drop-down menu.
- Select Apple menu System Preferences, then Bluetooth on your Mac. Your Mac may now be found.
- Alternatively, if the Bluetooth symbol is visible, go to the top menu bar and click it.
- Make sure Bluetooth is turned on.
Step 3: Connect and configure your device.
We’ll connect the WH-1000XM4 Bluetooth wireless headphones in the following example.
- 1st you can take a 1st step from the [Start] menu, choose [Settings].
- From the drop-down option, choose [Devices].
- Make sure the [Bluetooth] button is set to [On] under the [Bluetooth & other devices]/[Bluetooth] tab. Then, under [Add Bluetooth or another device], choose [Add Bluetooth or another device].
- Next step select [Bluetooth] from the drop-down main menu.
- Click [WH-1000XM4] with the headset symbol and the ‘Audio’ indicator.
NOTE: When it comes to the model WH-1000XM4, it’s critical to choose [WH-1000XM4] rather than [LE WH-1000XM4], which may appear in the list sooner than [WH-1000XM4]. The [WH-1000XM4] may take 30 to 60 seconds to appear in the list.
Please notice that after updating to firmware version 2.0.7, which was published on November 5, 2020, the [LE-WH-1000XM4] no longer shows.
How to Pair Sony Headphones with a Bluetooth Device?
Here we will show you how to pair sony headphones. Make sure your Sony Bluetooth headphones are switched off.If there are no lights on, the gadget is turned off.
Place the headphones close to the device you want to connect them to. Check to see whether the device is switched on.
Press and hold the power button on your headphones for around 7 seconds.
This will activate pairing mode, enabling it to communicate with your smartphone.
Release the button when you see the light indicator flashing quickly (usually red/green and blue).
How Do I Connect My Sony Wireless Headphones?
Bluetooth and the Near Field Communication (NFC) feature are the two primary methods to connect your best Sony headphones with another device right now. Most people are acquainted with Bluetooth, but NFC adds a layer of convenience if your gadget supports it.
It is strongly recommended that you first reset the Bluetooth connection on your headphones before proceeding. You’ll start with a clean slate and have fewer problems throughout the connection procedure.
How to Pair Sony Bluetooth Headphones with an Android Phone
Because Android has a considerably higher worldwide market share than iOS, there’s a strong possibility you’re pairing your Sony Bluetooth headphones with an Android phone. Here’s how to mix the two in no time.
To switch on your Bluetooth headphones, hold down the power button for a few seconds until you see the light flashing and hear a voice guide say “Power on.”
Unlock your Android phone right now if it isn’t already.
Toggle Bluetooth on in your Android smartphone’s Settings menu.
A list of connected and accessible devices should display when you click on “Bluetooth.”
Most contemporary Sony Earbuds, such as the WF-SP700N, WF-1000X, and WF-1000XM3, are intended to automatically pair the first time they are turned on.
If you’ve never used the earphones before, just taking them out of the case will power them on and put them in pairing mode. If this isn’t your first time using them, or you want to pair them with another device, take them out of the case, put them in both ears, then press and hold the power button for 10 seconds.
Before trying to connect your Sony headphones with any device, make sure they are fully charged. If pairing fails, you may need to charge your headphones first.